Re: Re: the audio group

Quoting Steve McIntyre (steve@einval.com):
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 03:24:50PM +0200, Floris wrote:
> >>which is fine.....
> >>
> >>But what if people decide to later not use logind/systemd? In what
> >>does it hurt that the first created user is *also* added to the audio
> >>group?
> >
> >When a user is added to the audio group. He will always see all sound
> >devices, even when logind tries to hide the device from the
> >user. e.g. in a multi seat setting, an user on seat0 can control the
> >sound devices from another user on seat1.
>
> And if we ignore the multi-seat stuff (which is going to be used by a
> *tiny* minority of users) there is no down-side.

I'd anyway recommend to NOT create a user during Debian installation
in such multi-seat setups....which actually also solves the problem.

user-setup has a preseedable variable for this:

Template: passwd/make-user
Type: boolean
Default: true
# :sl2:

Just pressed passwd/make-user to "False" and you're done.

I'd anyway expect multi-seat setups to use an external account database.