Re: the audio group

with systemd as the default init system. systemd/ logind sets the right
permissions for the sound devices [1], so I think it is unnecessary to add
somebody to the audio group. (And missing all the "fancy stuff" systemd
brings to us.)

I don't think you have explained why having the first user in the audio
group is going to be a problem?

If systemd makes that unnecessary, then that's great but adding the
first user to the said group isn't an issue as far as I can tell?

Mraw,
KiBi.

to be more exact:
(in human)
if init = systemd; then
 don't add user to audio group
fi
so logind can set the right permissions.

and maybe it would be smart to add the first user to the
systemd-journal group, but that is another question.

floris