Re: custom kernel and added module udebs

On Mon, 2014-06-02 at 11:22 -0700, Jose R R wrote:
> but the purportedly required *udebs to be included in the
> debian-installer tree were not built -- only the pertinent *debs

Yes, make deb-pkg only builds the regular packages.

The udebs are built using the official kernel packages, which are
different to the (very convenient) upstream deb-pkg target.

i.e. the stuff described in chapter 4.2 of:
> http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-common-tasks.html#s-common-official
rather than e.g. 4.5 etc.

> Any hints on the right direction will be appreciated.

I've only ever done this by using the official kernel packages' build
system. You might be able to manually invoke kernel-wedge on your
deb-pkg produced .deb, but I suspect that will be fraught with problems
and probably isn't worth investing time in...

Ian.