with respect-criticism

the 7.0 installer found my ethernet, the 7.4 installer did, likewise. Then along comes 8.0 how come it has a lessened functionality in this regard? which is a lengthy polite way of saying it s...u...c...k...s. Sorry..there4 I said it.

But I have noticed one trend overall update skype...less functionality! update audacity ...less functionality update Debiian..less functionality there are other cases...gnome, etc. etc.

No, it is not that I do not understand....either it works or it does not. I understand THAT, and you do too.
Netinstall wheezy...the installer finds the broadcom ethernet and works.
Netinstall jessie......the installer , running on THE SAME machine does not find it. Oh please do not give me the open open open argument. you got to make it workable for folks like me... I have been with linux for 5 years and I did overcome, but you know, I have screwed around with jessie for 2 weeks, wifi and ethernet are working, but one obstacle and workaround after another...does it work now? hell no! it does not want to shut down, except from the console.

Guys, I know you are not getting paid for the quality and the amount of work you do. I love Debian and so does the world. But give me one argument against installing LMDE where you are running a half hour after you stick the usb stick into the machine. See my point? Please make things a LITTLE more functional where at least you are getting to a starting point without banging your head against the wall.
Love you guys!