Debian Wheezy custom boot sequence

Hello everyone!

This is the same e-mail I've just sent to an italian mailing list, but I hope to get more audience here!! ;-)

I have a deb-bootstrapped armel system running on a board I designed (based on FreeScale iMX28 System On Chip processor ARM926EJ-S) and I am unable to get my script/code running during bootstrap.

Preamble:
My board has an LCD Controller, which is correctly initialized by bootloader (Barebox http://www.barebox.org) and a splash screen is displayed during on powerup. This splash screen is a .png image placed in the /boot partition. Few seconds later, bootloader loads Linux Kernel (3.12.1) from the same /boot partition, and launchs it. Few moments later, my splash screen is blanked-out (I suppose because of the different memory layout between linker file from bootloader and linux kernel) because the framebuffer area is dynamically allocated by bootloader (using its own malloc()) and from the kernel framebuffer driver (using kmalloc() & friends).

As workaround I wrote a little helper, which is using SDL Libraies to decode and display the same .png file from /boot folder. This helper is not called during the VERY FIRST STAGE of boot (I would like to run it BEFORE udev). Udev is lanched from /etc/rcS.d/S02udev so I wrote a little script to launch it as /etc/rcS.d/S01fbsplash.

#!/bin/sh
echo "Myscript is called"
/usr/bin/mkfifo /tmp/myfifo
/sbin/fbsplash /boot/splash.png &
echo "Myscript is exiting"
exit 0

This script is never called at startup... Why???

When launched from a bash shell after login it works great.

I would like to run it as soon as possible because of my startup is taking more than 30 seconds to have a complete system ready to run my application (Qt-based)...

Maybe the best place to put a script like that is in inittab but I really don't know how to correctly-write the /etc/inittab file...

Am I wrong somewhere??

Any help??

Best regards
--