Installation issue hostname and domain gateway ML6714 dual boot Windows 7 home premium casual user here

Thank you for your efforts,

I made it past the portion of install to connect to my home WiFi, wlan0, and it succesfully connected using my WPA2 security code but then.
I was not able to get past the "hostname and domain name" requirement for installation on my first 3 attempts to install
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="7"
VERSION="7 (wheezy)"
ID=debian
ANSI_COLOR="1;31"
HOME_URL="http://www.debian.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="http://www.debian.org/support/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="http://bugs.debian.org/"
dggateway@debiangnome:~$

I had to go back to Windows Help to Understad that I am just in a "HomeGroup" / "WorkGroup" for my installation of Windows 7.  I think this is a issue for other casual users like me.  If this could be explained during the installation setup and install, that would be great.  Could there be and option for the default home user of Windows to set these setting so as to be able to talk to other computers that are running Windows and sitting behind their home router connected to cable internet or phone company DSL??  I still don't really understand the implications of what I entered.  I made up names for "Hostname" and "Domain".

Thank you for everything and I hope my feed back helps.

Paul Butalla
prbmax@yahoo.com