Re: Providing (armhf) u-boot images together with d-i images?

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 10:48:07AM -0800, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:

> I don't know how realistic it is to provide concatenateable images with
> the u-boot "bare" image as one file, and the kernel + initrd + dtb +
> boot.scr as a second file to be appended to the bare image... but this
> would minimize duplicate content considerably, at some expense in
> installation instructions.

I had also been thinking about implementing support for such a
setup and have that still on my todo list.  Technically building
such concatenateable images is possible, but that would of course
require that a single boot script in the filesystem image works
on all platforms.  I have not yet checked whether this feasible
in practice.

Regards,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der