Re: on my retirement from Debian

On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 05:35:53PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Since I'm leaving Debian, I won't be involved in d-i any longer.

Ai, that hurts ...

> I haven't had time or bandwidth to do much for years, so no great loss. ;)
> I will remove myself from the couple of packages I'm still listed in
> Uploaders.
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2014/11/msg00174.html

Phil Hands in https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2014/11/msg00179.html

  I'm gutted.

  It's always been fun working with you -- Good luck with your next enthusiasm :-)

Jonas Smedegaard in https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2014/11/msg00194.html

  I am very sad that you leave.  But also curious where you will go from
  here - many moves of yours have been quite inspiring for me.

> I look forward to sharing a drink at some time in the future with
> anyone and everyone who's made d-i what it is over the years.

Yes, that will be fun. Perhaps we should force that somehow.
Because previous it was Debian that did bring us together.

A good memory I want to share is when we meet at Oldenburg. You asked
me what I was working on. I replied something alike "adding DHCP vendor ID
in netcfg"  Your enthusiastic "Good, I didn't know you are doing that. Good!"
give me great boost. The result became
https://alioth.debian.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=d-i/netcfg.git;a=commitdiff;h=1f4e0aaf82f304aa0ce93c8eacc76688fe18dde3

Thank you.

Groeten