Re: svn://anonscm.debian.org inaccessible

Tunneling 3690 through my home machine worked and wasn't too slow (8 minutes).
Now that I've got to the git stage I'm having access problems there too.
The first project, di-autobuild seemed to work OK (uses https, judging
by .git/config), but the next couple didn't:
mr checkout: /usr/local/src/debian-boot/debian-installer/installer
Cloning into 'installer'...
fatal: unable to connect to git.debian.org:
moszumanska.debian.org[0: 5.153.231.21]: errno=Connection timed out
moszumanska.debian.org[1: 2001:41c8:1000:21::21:21]: errno=Network is
unreachable

This is a little odd since I think I've used git and mercurial
successfully from inside the firewall.  Maybe git via https is OK, but
via the git protocol it's blocked.

Any ideas?  The port forwarding is trickier here because I don't
directly control the URL being used to fetch the repo.

So if I get the network admin to allow 3690 for svn and 9418 for git
will everything just work?

Ross