Re: getting wheezy installer code

Hi,

Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> (2014-09-30):
> I'm not sure that mr has branch management capabilities like this. I
> expect it's a case of digging down in the package/* one by one and
> checking out the wheezy branch (if one exists for that package).
> Hopefully you have an idea which subpackages you are interested in and
> can optimise this a bit rather than going through them all (which would
> be pretty tedious, possibly scriptable though).
>
> I expect quite a lot of them don't have a wheezy branch though, since no
> wheezy specific release was needed.
>
> I think running "apt-get source <udeb-name>" on a system with Wheezy
> configured in sources.list should get you the actual current source
> package.

Agreed with everything you wrote above.

> You might need to add a "deb-src $MIRROR wheezy
> main/debian-installer" line to sources.list though?

But not that part: there's no udeb-specific Sources. :) So you only need
the main/debian-installer part in 'deb' lines to be able to 'dget' or
'apt-get download' udebs. apt-get source for udebs should just work out
of the box (spoiler alert: it does ;)).

Mraw,
KiBi.