Re: accessibility of jessie desktops

Hi Joey,

Le 06/09/2014 18:44, Joey Hess a écrit :
MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
- XFCE is not at all so far, mainly due to openbox and not link on GTK or Nt
toolkits.
I'm rather confused by this, since openbox is not the window manager of
xfce (it's used by lxde actually), and since xfce uses gtk extensively.
After Samuel's work, I tried again. I confirm that, at some times, the title of my window mentioned by orca was "openbox", I dunno 9hy. Anyway, indeed, no] xfce becomes somewhat accessible. But it is far from being "out-of-the-box", as can be MATE or Gnome3. Very few bindings (linked or not), the notifications panel and applets are not accessible, the file manger didn't work when I used arrow keys, and the interaction with the desktop with the keyboard is not easy. So I think this DE will be ready later, but it is not accessible at all for accessibility needs. Disabled people cannot set and use it standalone.

When I select "Enable assitive technologies" in
xfce4-accessability-settings, it claims that it will "start the required
applications for screen readers and magnifiers". But if it does, I can't
tell.
Samuel's work makes this work, yes. But the issue with lightdm stays somewhat boring.

Regards,

--

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL

accelibreinfo, votre partenaire en informatique adaptée aux déficients visuels

Mail: texou@accelibreinfo.eu

Site Web: http://www.accelibreinfo.eu