Re: Summary from the d-i / debian-cd BoF at DC14

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 08:51:15PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
>Hi Steve,
>
>On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 04:51:01PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> * Generating complete images (as opposed to installer images) brings
>>   up other issues - d-i already asks a set of useful questions
>>   (keymap, timezone, etc.) at installation time. For other types of
>>   images, we'd need to add a first-boot customisation/configuration
>>   tool to ask those questions. Preseeding could do it, but how do we
>>   do this? Defer some of the installer steps until first boot, like
>>   live-installer?
>
>One example of prior art that may be worth looking at is Ubuntu's
>oem-config, part of the 'ubiquity' source package:
>
>   http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/u/ubiquity/
>   http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-installer/ubiquity/trunk
>
>This has both graphical and console front-ends for use in configuring a
>system at first boot of a preinstalled image.

ACK, thanks for the suggestion. As/when/if somebody finds time to work
on this that could be very helpful!

  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.