Re: More tasks option in Tasksel: what tasks do you want there?

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> (2014-09-07):
> During Debconf14, I could chat with Joey about the future of Tasksel,
> and having a "More option" task, which would lead to a new screen which
> would propose more tasks.
>
> Before anyone can implement this plan, we have to make sure that we all
> agree on what kind of tasks we want to implement. What I already agreed
> with Joey, is that having a list of 200 tasks will *not* be helpful, so
> we have to make sure we carefully choose what we will implement. So I
> have setup a wiki page so that we can share our thoughts.
>
> Please write in this wiki page:
> https://wiki.debian.org/tasksel/MoreTasks
>
> and discuss the topic here.
>
> Also note that I'm not sure I will have time or skills to implement it
> myself (I didn't have a look yet), but at least I would like this
> discussion started, so that me, or anyone else, can do the
> implementation when we reach that point, with solid grounds we all agree
> upon.
>
> I have for the moment only wrote 4 desktops tasks, plus 5 for the
> current pure blends, and 2 for OpenStack (which is what motivates me
> here). These are also up for discussions (though obviously, we don't
> want as many tasks as we have window manager (that is: more than 40)).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

It would probably make sense to have debian-boot@ at least in Cc when
discussing proposed changes to the installer. What happens in DebConf
or on debian-devel@ isn't automatically known by debian-boot@…

KiBi.