Re: Cannot find "debian-installer/main-menu doesn't exist" in menu

Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> (2014-08-20):
> Hi,
>
> Any ideas why debian-installer/main-menu would fail to display, with
> this error:
> > WARNING **: Internal error! Cannot find "debian-installer/main-menu doesn't exist" in menu.
>
> This is a kfreebsd-i386 d-i image I've built myself from
> debian-installer Git and udebs from jessie.  I've never seen it before.

What are your local modifications, and what image type did you build?

Anyway, this looks like an error message got received in the first
place: “debian-installer/main-menu doesn't exist” which then can't be
looked up. The first issue is likely coming from cdebconf's
src/commands.c, and given you mentioned the space taken by debconf
data I'm going to guess you might have modified something in that area,
possibly trimming debconf data?

Mraw,
KiBi.