Re: the audio group

(no Cc: to answers, please)

Quoting Floris (jkfloris@dds.nl):
> Dear Debian installation system Maintainers,
>
> I was wondering if a user is still automatically added to the audio group?
> Because it will break a systemd-pulseaudio-multiseat setup.

From user-setup code (in user-setup-apply):

        if [ -n "$USER" ]; then
                db_get passwd/user-default-groups
                for group in $RET; do
                        $log $chroot $ROOT adduser "$USER" $group >/dev/null 2>&1 || true
                done
        fi

From debconf templates:

# Allow preseeding the groups to which the first created user is added
Template: passwd/user-default-groups
Type: string
Default: audio cdrom dip floppy video plugdev netdev powerdev scanner bluetooth debian-tor lpadmin

In short, yes, the first created user (the only one created by D-I) is
added to the "audio" group, among a few others.