Re: Jessie Alpha 1 in Punjabi

Quoting A S Alam (amanpreet.alam@gmail.com):
> Hi Christian
>
> I am writing after a long time. I am testing Jessie Alpha 1 and I found
> there when I selected Punjabi for installer, I am not able to move next
> from Keyboard selection (even I selected US English as keyboard). Installer
> Stuck in Network Selection Step.
>
> Can you please help for issue to report if it is not know
>
> Another issue is Rendering Broken for Punjabi in Installer.
>
> I am sorry about Punjabi Translation as it is not completed.

Hello Aman (Aman is the long-time translator for Punjabi for the
installer).

I sadly loosely test the installer in tha various languages it is
translated into. I seem to remember reading some reports about
apparent "hangs" at some points. Maybe the same than you describe
here. IIRC, some have been identified and maybe fixed in the recent
versions of packages. However, as these are packages used in early
stages of the installation, the fixes do not appear until a new
version of the installer is built and uploaded.

Maybe some other D-I developer will have a clue about all this (I'm
therefore CC'ing the D-I development list, which is the recommended
contact address for repots and discussion about D-I. But thanks of
course for taking care to report the issue

We also had some broken rendering issues, which may have been fixed in
the meanwhile.

Don't worry, you still have time to complete the translation. I'm
sadly less active in tracking all this down and bothering translators
so thatthey complete their work. On the other hand, not so many
strings have changed so your translation is still quite widely usable.