Re: Installation of Debian-Testing-AMD64, DVD and Netinst, Fails on ASUS Eeepc

Hello:

I figured out how to open a shell from the installer; so I can check dmesg. However, I'm not sure how to save a text file from the shell within the installer. So, I photographed the sreen output. Photos are attached.

dmesg indicates that the firmware-testing-amd64-netinst.iso does not come with the correct firmware to work with my wifi. But why doesn't the installer ask me to install the wifi firmware?

I don't think dmesg indicates any problem with the ethernet adapter. But why doesn't the installer start my wired ethernet connection?

All of the testing-amd64 installers (daily, weekly, netinst, DVD, with and without non-official firmware) that I've tried fail with a blue screen during the "Detecting Network Hardware" step.

I tried the Expert Install option from the DVD debian-testing-amd64.iso. I skipped the network-related installation steps. The resulting installation worked, except for the networking. When I tried to add a network, after a very long pause, a window opened for entering the network options (SSID, MAC address, etc.); but ALL options were greyed-out. The Network Manager failed to halt during shut down.

The Wheezy installer does not have any of these network hardware problems with my computer. It asks me if I want to load firmware. When I say no, it simply uses the wired connection instead.

Does any one have idea why the testing-amd64 installer doesn't work with my computer?

Thanks,
--Marc