About Debian installer and UEFI / Windoze 8

Hi everyone. About Debian installer and UEFI / Windoze 8 problems.

(In a nutshell) Links or resources for problems with machines that come with Windoze 8/8.1 and are hard to install Debian 7.4

I have no problems because I very carefully select my hardware and I always demand computers without OS preinstalled. However, I try (over several forums and groups) to help new users to install Debian on their own machines. But now, I believe my knowledge is rusty when they tell me about new machines with UEFI / Secure boot and Windoze 8 preinstalled. So, I want to know:

1-If it is possible to bypass this problems with just the installer
2-If Bios access and modification are required, exactly which options should be modified to install Debian 7.4 over the entire hard drive or dual boot with current OS
3-Some tutorials I've seen, mention some stuff about THE NEED to go inside Windoze 8 and change some configuration. (Which really wonders me, is really there no chance to keep things between the user, the installer and the Bios?)

Thanks a lot for any advice