Re: add net-retriever/localrepo?

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've been thinking it might be nice to extend net-retriever so it checks
> the "net-retriever/localrepo" template. This would never be shown (only
> used for preseeding), and would work similar to the "localudebs"
> directory.
>
> This could be used for more easily testing modules that aren't usually
> included in a built image, but could also be used to allow people to ask
> extra local questions in a mostly-preseeded environment, should they
> want that (create the udeb, create the repository, and preseed
> 'net-retriever/localrepo" and "modules" to relevant values).
>
> Thoughts?

I think that would be a very good idea. It would certainly help for d-i
development. I'm not sure but I vaguely remember that one problem might
be that anna does not really (fully?) support multiple repositories. But
it might also be that this is no longer true.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.