Re: Debian Installer Jessie Alpha 1 release

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 01:56:16PM +0100, Andreas Cadhalpun wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On 19.03.2014 02:42, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>>Behavorial changes in this release
>>==================================
>>
>>  * Xfce is the default desktop environment for the time being. Quoting
>>    tasksel's changelog: "this will be re-evaluated in August 2014, and
>>    may change again before Jessie is released".
>>  * It's still possible to select an alternative desktop to install at
>>    the boot prompt; installation images are available for the various
>>    major desktop environments as usual.
>
>Actually it is not possible to install GNOME:
> * Advanced options->Alternative desktop environments->GNOME is empty
>except for the 'Back' option.
> * There is no installation image for GNOME on [1], but the Xfce
>image is still there (and for some reason is 4MB smaller than the
>default).

debian-jessie-DI-a1-amd64-gnome-CD-1.iso exists in that directory...

the extra xfce image is a temporary artifact, and I already have a
plan for fixing it in debian-cd.

>1: cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-cd

"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of
 course, since many of them are Australians, you can't tell." -- Linus Torvalds