Troubles with guided partitioning, encrypted LVM and /boot

Hi,

I recently had to install an entire encrypted Debian system (/Wheezy/
7.4, i386). During the process, I've choosed a   (with separate /home,
/usr, /var and /tmp volumes).

During the first boot, I've been confronted to some error messages
preventing me of the impossibility to find the volume group on /dev/sda1
(which contains the /boot directory):

  Incorrect metadata area header checksum on /dev/sda1 at offset 4096
  Volume group <my_VG> not found
  Skipping volume group <my_VG>
  Unable to find LVM volume <my_VG>/root
  Incorrect metadata area header checksum on /dev/sda1 at offset 4096
  Volume group <my_VG> not found
  Skipping volume group <my_VG>
  Unable to find LVM volume <my_VG>/swap_1
  Enter passphrase:

Because LVM shouldn't have to take charge of that, I quickly convinced
myself that it should be an expected output, and the boot gone on
without apparent issue.
I've then installed the SSH server dropbear to unlock the system from
remote, which needed a modification in the /etc/default/grub file,
followed by an update-grub2. Here is the output:

  Generating grub.cfg…
  error : unknown LVM metadata header.
  error : unknown LVM metadata header.
  [...]
  error : unknown LVM metadata header.
  Found linux image:: /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-4-686-pae
  Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-4-686-pae
  error : unknown LVM metadata header.
  error : unknown LVM metadata header.
  [...]
  error : unknown LVM metadata header.
  done

A brief verification with blkid showed me that /dev/sda1
is recognized as LVM2 member, but df points it as an ext2 one.

So, is that a problem or all of that is perfectly normal?

Thank you for your comments (because I'm not a subscriber of the list,
be thanked to Cc me).

Regards,
Naar