Re: net-retriever: handy debug hack to pull in development udeb's at runtime

Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> (2014-01-22):
> I finally got fed up of rebuilding the initrd to include new versions of
> udebs I was hacking on, so I bodged up something in net-retriever to
> allow me to just throw udebs into a reprepro archive on a local web dir
> and have them be used.
>
> So now I just need to build the initrd once with this included and I can
> preseed a location to get devel udebs from. It fits in quite nicely with
> apt-setup/local0 for debs to install on the target system.
>
> Patch is below. I've also thrown it onto gitorious at:
> https://gitorious.org/ijc-debian/net-retriever/commit/34e4eb1e972dfbcec757b815f81b7d42447dfad7
>
> This is by no means a proper thing and apart from being a massive hack
> it has no support for checking the gpg sigs, release files etc.
>
> But here it is in case it is useful to someone...

ACK on principle, that avoids having to resort to disabling GPG checks
in this component and {hacking,cracking} an archive by replacing bits
with tweaked packages, or having to build custom debian-archive-keyring
deb/udeb. (Tried both, and neither is nice.)

Can't really look at the implementation right now though, sorry about
that.

Might be nice to file a bug against net-retriever to track it?

Mraw,
KiBi.