Re: Uploading linux (3.11.5-1)

Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> (2013-10-13):
> It's been quite a while since the last upload to unstable, and by this
> point I think 3.11.y should be good enough.  I don't know exactly when
> I'll have time to do this, but hopefully some time this week.

Thanks for letting us know. FWIW I'm currently finalizing a d-i upload
against 3.10, so that we have a reference d-i "post-wheezy".

> Notable packaging changes in 3.11:
>
> - armhf single-platform flavours were removed
> - armhf has an 'armmp-lpae' flavour which, surprise, has LPAE enabled

ISTR Ian mentioned that in his last arm-related changes, so he should be
ready to do what's necessary for that.

> - ext4 module handles ext2 and ext3 filesystem types in all kernel
>   configurations; the corresponding udebs are gone

ACK.

Shouldn't be too much of an issue for -boot@ I guess.

> - A large number of probably useless drivers were disabled

Gone from their containing udebs, I suspect? Will take a closer look at
the changelog later on anyway.

Mraw,
KiBi.