Re: Dropping kfreebsd-8?

On 16/06/13 19:57, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> Wheezy has both kfreebsd-8 and kfreebsd-9. Shouldn't kfreebsd-8 be dropped now?

Some other things I'm wondering about are:

stable updates - would we need to keep kfreebsd-8 at least in sid to be
able to do these?  If kfreebsd-8 is removed from testing would that
cause problems for p-u's version constraints?

d-i - kfreebsd-8 builds udebs - are these still needed in sid to build
wheezy point releases?  Or are only the packages in wheezy needed?
Would it make any difference if kfreebsd-8 is removed from testing but
not sid?

Or is it adequate to just file an RC bug "do not release with jessie"
and keep it in testing up until freeze time?

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org