Re: netcfg: installation on kfreebsd maybe broken?

On 08/02/13 19:16, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> On 08/02/13 11:19, Philipp Kern wrote:
>> So writing out interfaces is broken on kfreebsd since November and nobody
>> noticed.
>
> I ran into this problem at least twice when installing new systems but
> didn't realise yet it was a problem with the /e/n/i file or netcfg.  My
> working theory was some problem writing /run/network/ifstate

Just confirming - this was due to the broken /e/n/i file after all.
netcfg/1.106 has fixed the problem for me.  Thanks Philipp!

There are still strange "ifup: failed to open statefile" errors during
boot, but those seems harmless so far.  Once at runlevel 2 I can log in
and see the ifstate file *is* there and has lo=lo and em0=em0 as expected.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org