Re: Correctness of current translation-status?

Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> (2013-10-13):
> Hmmm, many languages missing one string: that's console-setup with the
> addition of "Tibetan". Are these stats done against testing? That
> would explain as the upload of console-setup that fixes the missing
> strings for several languages is not yet in testing (and I just
> uploaded another release today).

Yes, stats are done against testing since that's where udebs are fetched
from when building d-i. That's configured through:
| l10n/calc-release-status:SUITE=testing

Looking at the generated files, particularly stats/console-setup.1:
| template: 0 0 109
[…]
| de: 107 0 2
[…]
| fr: 108 0 1

I'm not sure whether missing translations in level 1 explains why we get
this:
- de is mostly translated at 2: 1184/1186
- fr is mostly translated at 2: 1185/1186

but the delta would match, since looking at the missing translations
only, we get this single file:
| $ grep ^de stats/*.*|grep -v '\s0'$
| stats/console-setup.1:de: 107 0 2
| $ grep ^fr stats/*.*|grep -v '\s0'$
| stats/console-setup.1:fr: 108 0 1

> If that's confirmed, then we shouldn't worry that much.

I think that the above confirms your thoughts, so I'll probably proceed
with a d-i upload to unstable later today.

Mraw,
KiBi.