Your message dated Sun, 25 Aug 2013 14:25:50 +0200 with message-id <email@example.com> and subject line dealing with old installation-reports has caused the Debian Bug report #694053, regarding Net-install problem : mirror doesn't support release to be marked as done. This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with. If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith. (NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.) -- 694053: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=694053 Debian Bug Tracking System Contact email@example.com with problems
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Net-install problem : mirror doesn't support release
- From: Stéphane Chambrin <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:31:19 +0100
- Message-id: <CAGGnD-1pFokD2O3xf5O0YCyoPWAnnHqc2=8EQBzM1CP8aZP8QA@mail.gmail.com>Package: installation-reports Boot method: ISO mounted on VirtualBox VM Image version: http://napoleon.acc.umu.se/cdimage/wheezy_di_beta4/i386/iso-cd/debian-wheezy-DI-b4-i386-netinst.iso Date: 2012-11-23 09:00 UTC Machine: Virtual Box v4.2.4 (host: Asus Laptop N76V) Processor: 1 CPU PAE/NX (host: i7-3610QM, 2.3GHz) Memory: 512MiB (host: 8GiB) Partitions: default installer partition on 10 GB (1 ext4 + 1 swap) Sys. fich. Type 1K-blocks Util. Disponible Uti% Monté sur rootfs rootfs 9848352 4241024 5107056 46% / udev devtmpfs 10240 0 10240 0% /dev tmpfs tmpfs 51444 576 50868 2% /run /dev/disk/by-uuid/51304f99-dd2b-4a4a-a005-8708f519c0c9 ext4 9848352 4241024 5107056 46% / tmpfs tmpfs 5120 0 5120 0% /run/lock tmpfs tmpfs 198300 220 198080 1% /run/shm Résultat de lspci -knn (ou lspci -nn) : 00:00.0 Host bridge : Intel Corporation 440FX - 82441FX PMC [Natoma] [8086:1237] (rev 02) 00:01.0 ISA bridge : Intel Corporation 82371SB PIIX3 ISA [Natoma/Triton II] [8086:7000] 00:01.1 IDE interface : Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE [8086:7111] (rev 01) Kernel driver in use: ata_piix 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller : InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Graphics Adapter [80ee:beef] 00:03.0 Ethernet controller : Intel Corporation 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller [8086:100e] (rev 02) Subsystem: Intel Corporation PRO/1000 MT Desktop Adapter [8086:001e] Kernel driver in use: e1000 00:04.0 System peripheral : InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Guest Service [80ee:cafe] 00:05.0 Multimedia audio controller : Intel Corporation 82801AA AC'97 Audio Controller [8086:2415] (rev 01) Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device [8086:0000] Kernel driver in use: snd_intel8x0 00:06.0 USB controller [0c03]: Apple Inc. KeyLargo/Intrepid USB [106b:003f] Kernel driver in use: ohci_hcd 00:07.0 Bridge : Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI [8086:7113] (rev 08) 00:0b.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller [8086:265c] Kernel driver in use: ehci_hcd 00:0d.0 SATA controller : Intel Corporation 82801HM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) SATA Controller [AHCI mode] [8086:2829] (rev 02) Kernel driver in use: ahci Installation du système de base : [O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it Initial boot: [O] Detect network card: [O] Configure network: [O] Detect CD: [O] Load installer modules: [O] Detect hard drives: [O] Partition hard drives: [O] Install base system: [O] Clock/timezone setup: [O] User/password setup: [O] Install tasks: [E] Install boot loader: [O] Overall install: [O] Comments/Problems: Couldn't find a mirror to install from: Nov 23 10:09:46 choose-mirror: DEBUG: command: wget -q http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/dists/wheezy/Release -O - | grep -E '^(Suite|Codename):' Nov 23 10:10:04 choose-mirror: WARNING **: mirror does not support the specified release (wheezy) Nov 23 10:10:48 choose-mirror: DEBUG: command: wget -q http://debian.proxad.net/debian/dists/wheezy/Release -O - | grep -E '^(Suite|Codename):' Nov 23 10:10:51 choose-mirror: WARNING **: mirror does not support the specified release (wheezy) (same with the US debian mirror, I've tried from a first attempt). Then I continued with minimal install from the cd (without mirror). After the intial installation, I've been able to setup my sources.list with the french mirror (ftp.fr.debian.org) and install desktop and ssh server using tasksel. I'm using Bridged Networking with a static IP address given by my router's DHCP.
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: dealing with old installation-reports
- From: Holger Levsen <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 14:25:50 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>Hi, thank you for submitting installation reports, much appreciated. I read through all the bugs mentioned here (and I'm sure they were read by several people at the time they were submitted) and am closing them now as/if - they (finally) indicated success and/or - I know from first hand experience that the functionality is working in Wheezy and/or - they only contained very little information and/or - they contained user errors and/or - they were caused by broken hardware and/or - they have been from a development phase where things were not stable and/or - they are quite old (and thus likely fixed today) and/or - moreinfo was asked and not given. If I've closed a bug incorrectly please do reply (it's easy to reopen and I'll do if requested) or just file a new one - thats often better, as the bug log will be clearer and shorter and not contain cruft. cheers, Holger
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
--- End Message ---