Your message dated Sun, 25 Aug 2013 12:42:38 +0200 with message-id <email@example.com> and subject line dealing with old installation-reports has caused the Debian Bug report #603960, regarding Linux 2.6.32 EDD probe takes 30 seconds when booted from CD-ROM to be marked as done. This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with. If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith. (NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.) -- 603960: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=603960 Debian Bug Tracking System Contact email@example.com with problems
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Debian Installer 6.0 Beta1 bug report
- From: Eric Wayman <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:23:23 -0500
- Message-id: <AANLkTi=CiSqpoG8sqo20tSYOZORbW1o8kJD62Y9qV8-Y@mail.gmail.com>Package: installation-reports Boot method: CD Image version: http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/squeeze_di_beta1/i386/iso-cd/debian-squeeze-di-beta1-i386-netinst.iso Date: 2010-11-18 16:10:00 EST Machine: Toshiba U205-S5057 Processor:Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T55004 1.66GHz, 2MB L2, 667MHz FSB with 64-bit Memory: 1024MB PC4200 DDR2 SDRAM Partitions: One partition Output of lspci -knn (or lspci -nn): Base System Installation Checklist: [O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it Initial boot: [ O] Detect network card: [ ] Configure network: [ ] Detect CD: [ O] Load installer modules: [ O] Detect hard drives: [ ] Partition hard drives: [ ] Install base system: [ ] Clock/timezone setup: [ ] User/password setup: [ ] Install tasks: [ ] Install boot loader: [ ] Overall install: [ ] Comments/Problems: When I pressed Enter at the first install screen to "Install Debian," the installer read from the CD for a few seconds, and then just halted. After pressing several keys to try to select a different option, the system began beeping and was totally jammed. The initial install screen remained displayed. See http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/detailed_specs/satellite_U205-S5057.pdf for full machine specifications.
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: dealing with old installation-reports
- From: Holger Levsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 12:42:38 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>reassign 701201 src:linux retitle 701201 libata.atapi_passthru16=0 is needed by some hardware forcemerge 690985 686954 thanks Hi, thank you for submitting installation reports, much appreciated. I read through all the bugs mentioned here (and I'm sure they were read by several people at the time they were submitted) and am closing them now as/if - they (finally) indicated success and/or - I know from first hand experience that the functionality is working in Wheezy and/or - they only contained very little information and/or - they contained user errors and/or - they were caused by broken hardware and/or - they have been from a development phase where things were not stable and/or - they are quite old (and thus likely fixed today) and/or - moreinfo was asked and not given. If I've closed a bug incorrectly please do reply (it's easy to reopen and I'll do if requested) or just file a new one - thats often better, as the bug log will be clearer and shorter and not contain cruft. cheers, Holger
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
--- End Message ---