Re: debian-7.1.0-i386-netinst included installer can not detect network hardware

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 10:19:23PM +0200, Mgr. Janusz Chmiel wrote:
> Dear core developers,
> I Am very happy, when i have found out, that thanks to MR Samuel
> Tibault, there is possibility to have speech support while using
> debian-7.1.0-i386-netinst and integrated installer.
> I do not know, why, but i AM helpless to install Debian system
> because The process of detecting network hardware can not be
> completed successfully. The progress bar stay at the 95 percent.
> I Am using IBM Thinkpad model 2668
> It is very sad, because i Am sure, that Linux kernel is containing
> The driver for The integrated Broadcomm Extreme Ethernet Network
> chip.

Those network devices require non free firmware to operate, which
is not included in the debian installer.  You can either provide it
on a usb key or use the unofficial installer that includes firmware.
This should be documented in the installation guide.

--
Len Sorensen