Manual encrypted LVM partition causes grub install failure

Hardware
Intel DN2800MT motherboard
Samsung 830 64GB with latest firmware
Iso of Jessie and Wheezy (CD1, xfce CD1, netinst ) copied to microsd in microsdhc card reader using dd method or cp method both with sync.
Stopped providing realtek firmware on fat usb stick otherwise partition load would fail at 47%.
Achieved manual partition:
* using my boot partition size 350M or automatic one obtained using rescue mode
* either primary or logical volume for physical encryption  (either marked as do not use or use as physical volume for encryption), set up encrypted... and all partitions LVM inside.
* 4GB of unpartitioned free space to achieve overprovisioning for the SSD.
Then Grub install step failed (Lilo also).
Using guided encrypted LVM the installation succeeds.

Could someone pinpoint my stupid error or tell me the appropriate way to get logs out of the installer and where to submit them?

Kind regards,
Gnalo