mirror failure..

Hello, don't know where to report this.

I was trying to install an i386 net install from the Debian site.  The
iso image was "debian-7.1.0-i386-netinst.iso".  Built the disk and
proceded with the install.  However when I got to the configuration of
the Package Manager, it failed with the ftp.usa.debian mirror.  Not sure
is this is the correct one, but they only give you a menu choice and
that was the first one I tried.  The package manager failed to configure
and I check the /var/log/syslog as stated by the program.

The syslog stated that the current version was not available.  Seems
like these updates would be pushed out to the servers and it is
difficult for novice users to decode the problem

However, if you would send this to the right people or give me the
information I will do it.  Needs to be done anyway or at least give us a
mirror that works, don't you agree...?

Thanks

Jack K. Wilborn