Re: d-i daily failures

Hi again,

> Second system: a Fujitsu Lifebook T902 (Intel i5) laptop
> with Windows 8 pre-installed. After disabling Secure Boot and
> FastBoot (and reordering the boot sequence, of course), GRUB of the
> 2013-06-05 d-i daily image came up. First note: it came up in pure
> text mode (without fancy background images, just plain dark cyan)
> but much larger than 80x25. When I started the installer, GRUB
> outputed errors with something like "Module linux not found",
> "Module initrd not found" and got back to the main menu. After
> pressing "e" I saw that linux and initrd are the two commands used
> in the GRUB configuration for the installer.

Ok, I now found time to try to install Debian again :-) It's a more
recent daily image now and the same errors occur: "command 'linux' not
found" and s/linux/initrd/ ... and a whole list of errors (that I can
see only for some milliseconds) when GRUB start.
Now I tried on the command line and found out what the issue is:

grub> insmod linux
error: file `/boot/grub/x86_64-efi/x86_64-efi/linux.mod' not found.

Ha! The "x86_64-efi/" part is doubled! So an

grub> insmod /boot/grub/x86_64-efi/NAME.mod

for all the needed stuff and dependencies works.

Anyone able and willing to fix this path issue? :-)

Best,
  Stephan