Re: Debian installer build: failed or old builds

Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> (09/06/2013):
> Is there anything I can do (understand: something a dumb bubulle cacn
> do) to fix these recurrent build failures?

Thanks for you offer. :)

Unfortunately, one of the blockers is getting a linux kernel built
everywhere. Currently, linux-image-3.9-1-$arch is lacking on: armel,
s390*. This is in the kernel team's hands. (And one of the reasons why
I didn't look too much into it, besides putting up [1] to complement
[2].)

 1. http://d-i.debian.org/kernel-summary.html
 2. https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=linux&suite=sid

Besides missing linux kernel builds, kfreebsd-* had some troubles with
autobuilding; Christoph kindly did the needed bits to get them back,
and the failure is now on both archs:
| # Generate grub2pxe
| grub-mkimage -O i386-pc --prefix="(pxe)/debian-installer/kfreebsd-amd64" \
| 		-o ./tmp/netboot-gtk-9/dir_tree/core.img \
| 		bsd cpuid echo gfxterm gzio minicmd normal png vbe pxe pxecmd
| grub-mkimage: error: cannot stat `/usr/lib/grub/i386-pc/pxecmd.mod': No such file or directory.

I'm not sure this one got reported. Feel free to do so.

ia64 is lacking d-i autobuilding those days, but not only that:
Andreas is trying to restore ia64 autobuilding at all. I'm not sure
this is a priority anyway, given ia64 is likely to go away for jessie.

On the sparc side, sparc64 bits were dropped (see [1] above), I didn't
investigate yet whether that's intentional on the kernel side, and
what to do on the d-i side. Feel free to get in touch with kernel +
sparc people once you've checked linux's changelog.

Given all the above, I didn't check the debian-cd builds at all yet.

Mraw,
KiBi.