Re: modifying and verifying debian installer for armhf board (a10-eoma68)

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Arnaud Patard
<arnaud.patard@rtp-net.org> wrote:
> Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> writes:
>
> Hi,

>>>  yeees.. that would be good.  what's the procedure there?  someone's
>>> already built one:
>>>  http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/users/niall/debian/
>>
>> If you can identify which config options need to be enabled for a v3.9
>> kernel (which I think is due to hit Sid soon) then a wishlist bug would
>> do the job. Likewise if there are some backports required etc you could
>> request them in the same bug.
>>
>> Looks like CONFIG_ARCH_SUNXI is part of the multi_v7_defconfig upstream,
>> which suggests it would be a candidate for being enabled in the new mp
>> (multiplatform) kernel flavour.
>
> It's enabled in my local 3.9 armmp work [1] but allwinner a10 support in
> mainline resume to soc/ram and watchdog support (watchdog not in 3.9) so
> all you can do is booting a ramdisk and connect on the serial port to 'use' it.

 ok - thanks arnaud.

 ok, so we stick with 3.4 for now [*1], do a local build (based on
niall's work).

l.

[*1] stage/sunxi-3.4 with just one key fix:
https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi/tree/b341bf8889e5e553d20f0e14115e5f4a3530ff10