network-console, preseed, firmware

Hi debian-boot!

I'm trying a remote debian install like this:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=54242 . The server is in
the second next room, so I'm basically trying to learn how to do it as
it might come handy some day but if that fails I will need to use other
methods to reinstall debian on my server.

1. d-i keeps asking for the keymap which prevents unattended launch of
the network console.

I tried ...

#d-i keymap                         select dvorak
d-i keymap                         select us
d-i keyboard-configuration/toggle select No toggling

2. My tigon tg3 NIC seems to require firmware.

I put
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/firmware/wheezy/current/firmware.tar.gz
in / in the initrd.

I put the debs from firmware.tar.gz in /firmware.

I tried
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/NetbootFirmware#Wheezy_Example_.231_:_add_single_firmware_deb
.

I'd like to include a large collection of firmwares so to have an
installer that works on most systems. Where do I put the firmware
collection or just tigon tg3_tso.bin?

At first d-i didn't advance as it was trying to access the floppy drive
which I discovered wasn't connected to the power, as the power cable was
too short. I disabled the floppy in the BIOS.

d-i preseed/early_command      /bin/nameif
d-i debian-installer/locale            string en_US
#d-i keymap                         select dvorak
d-i keymap                         select us
d-i keyboard-configuration/toggle select No toggling
d-i debconf/priority               select critical
d-i auto-install/enabled            boolean true
d-i netcfg/choose_interface         select installer0
d-i netcfg/disable_dhcp            boolean true
d-i netcfg/get_nameservers         string 192.168.0.254
d-i netcfg/get_ipaddress            string 192.168.0.1
d-i netcfg/get_netmask            string 255.255.255.0
d-i netcfg/get_gateway            string 192.168.0.254
d-i netcfg/confirm_static            boolean true
d-i netcfg/get_hostname            string server
d-i netcfg/get_domain            string server.bksys.at
d-i network-console/password            password *******
d-i network-console/password-again      password *******

Thanks, Bernhard

--