Re: installing on mdraid imsm arrays

On 6-02-13 1:30 PM, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
On 08/13/2012 01:17 PM, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
At work, we're using mainly supermicro servers, and they have support in
the BIOS for Intel Matrix raid (imsm), which is a form of
sataraid/fakeraid.

[...]

I now have a version of the wheezy installer that succesfully installs
and boots debian on a mdadm imsm array.

It took a while, but I have now filed bug reports against several
packages with all the patches and fixes that are needed to make this work.

699430: debian-installer: support for Intel Matrix Raid (RST, imsm)

I noticed that noone replied to this message or to any of the bugreports regarding the installer. That means wheezy isn't going to be able to be installed on Intel Matrix Raid - too bad, debian would have been the first distribution to have that capability (with the mdraid driver, that is) - and the patches are quite trivial.

What did I do wrong, and what is it going to take to get this into wheezy+1?

Thanks

Mike.