Re: netcfg questions not asked with priority=critical. HD partition recipe.

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 05:59:54PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Regid Ichira, le Fri 12 Apr 2013 19:03:37 +0300, a ?crit :
> > On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 01:06:46PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > > Regid Ichira, le Mon 08 Apr 2013 05:00:40 +0300, a ?crit :

> > > I've tried putting
> > >
> > > d-i netcfg/get_hostname string foo
> > > d-i netcfg/get_domain string bar
> > >
> > > into preseed.cfg and preseed that, the questions were not asked at all.
> > > The domain question is probably asked depending whether dhcp provides a
> > > domain name or not.
> >
> >   dhcp provides both host and domain names.
> > The questions were asked when priority was not set.  They are not
> > asked with priority=critical.  I hope this is the intended behavior.
>
> I guess that's the expected behavior, yes: unless preseeded by the user,
> the question will be asked, even if a value is gotten by dhcp.
>
> What is still unresolved here, however, is that you said that your
> preseeding file had a get_hostname entry but you say the installer
> insisted on asking the hostname question. I can't reproduce that part.

  I wasn't phrasing well enough:

1. With all the following conditions:
   1.1 auto=true
   1.2 no priority defined by me
   1.3 dhcp server supplies the host and domain names
   1.4 d-i netcfg/get_hostname string foo and
       d-i netcfg/get_domain string bar
       are set in the preseeded file.
   the netcfg settings had no effect.  I was asked to confirm the
   host and domain names supplied by the dhcp server.

2. Setting priority=critical, and everything else is like in 1, made
   the verfication questions disappear.