How to install on /dev/xvdb instead of /dev/xvdb1 ?

Hello everybody,

I am looking for a way to install Debian on a whole disk, for instance
/dev/xvdb.

I have not found a way to force partman to format without partitionning, so my
hope was to use a hook after partman has been executed, to umount /target, run
a simple mke2fs command, and remount /target.  However, I could not find such a
hook.

My last hope was the deprecated partitionner that is used for mips, but it is
only built for mips.

Does someone have a suggestion ?

Cheers,

--