Re: 6.0.7 planning

On Wed, 2013-02-20 at 07:17 +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-02-17 at 15:36 -0800, dann frazier wrote:
> > Agreed; and I think I was unclear. I was taking for granted that we
> > *will* do a 46squeeze2 now w/ the CVE-2013-0871 fix and bypass
> > 46squeeze1. 46squeeze2 would provide the security-only option.
> >
> > The question was whether or not we should try and fix p-u by getting a
> > -49 into -stable now w/ the CVE-2013-0871 fix, or just make sure
> > there's a 48squeeze1 in security for after. Ah - but maybe the point
> > you're making is that a 48squeeze1 in security would make 46squeeze2
> > harder to find/install - if so, I can understand that point.
>
> What's the current thinking here?
[...]

Dann identified and backported a large series of older changes as
dependencies for the recent fix.  Given that this is very tricky code
and we don't have any particular experience with it, I think it's too
much of a risk to apply these before the point release.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Sturgeon's Law: Ninety percent of everything is crap.