Re: [d-i manual] Deactivate translations?

Hi,

Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 03, 2013 at 06:38:08PM +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > > ca
> > > catalan hasn't receive any updates since the release of Squeeze /
> > > AND catalan is an xml based translation, what means that the translation stays
> > > the same even if there are changings in en!
> > > 	52 files are not up-to-date ATM
> > > IMHO this translation should be deactivated for official builds!
> >
> > I agree it should be de-activated, but maybe try to CC
> > debian-l10n-catalan, which is a quite busy list, while Guillem and
> > Jordi are less involved in translations nowadays.
>
> So, how hard would it be to convert this thing into a po-based
> translation?

I am in private contact with Innocent De Marchi, who has mailed me
because of my mail to debian-l10n-catalan.

He has had similar ideas.
But according to ../manual/doc/translations_po.txt we need a 100%
complete translation for an automatic convertion from xml to po format.
And a convertion by hand can only be done by someone, who is a native
Catalan speaker IMHO.
Probably Innocent wants to go that way...

Holger

--
Created with Sylpheed 3.0.2