problem installing grub on debian wheezy

I had installed a couple of new servers yesterday that doesn't have a CD
reader so i used an usb boot to install wheezy x64.

i used http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net who automates the process of
creation of the bootable usb stick with the latest releases of the
distribution. in that software I selected "debian" "netinstall wheezy_x64"
and all was ok.

I had the usual problems for the non-free firmware but quickly resolved via
another usb stick.

What i am reporting is an apparent problem in the installer when using the
sticks.

in the server i had the followin disks:

/dev/sda, the boot USB stick
/dev/sdb, the secondary stick for the non-free software
/dev/sdc, the logical volume of the raid controller i was installing on.

I partitioned and installed the system on sdc and all was allright, but the
grub installation phase mistook the installation disk as SDA so installed
the grub boot in the master boot record of the usb stick, creating a system
that would boot only with the stick inserted.

I quickly resolved by booting by the stick, removing it while the kernel was
initializing, so it sees only the base volume as SDA, then
issuing "grub-install /dev/sda" and then "update-grub" and all was well.

it seems that the grub installation in the installation media made the wrong
decision about where to install, defaulting on the wrong disk.

so this is a RFE for wheezy installer, can you setup a panel where i can
choose where to install the boot loader for those cases, since more and more
of new servers came without the cd reader ?

regards
 Andrea Borghi