Re: Debian Installer 7.0 Beta3 release

On Thu 18 Oct 2012 at 20:34:06 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

> Brian Potkin <claremont102@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > Beta-3 uses Linux 3.2.0-3-486, the same as beta-2. Today's daily uses
> > 3.2.0-4-486, which does wonders for hardware detection. This is a
> > little
> > confusing.
>
> The announce doesn't mention any kernel related changes. Releases are
> built against testing, dailies against sid.

True, it doesn't. Unfortunately, it was only after I posted that it
entered my mind it wasn't in the announce.

> Not sure what we can do to avoid confusion.

Your response has dispelled it. Thanks for replying. As for avoiding
it in the future, I'll downgrade my expectations.

FWIW, the 3.2.0-4-486 kernel clears up two problems I was having with
d-i.

Regards,

Brian.