Re: Continuous Integration of the Debian Installer?

Hi,

On 13/10/12 00:11, Luca Favatella wrote:
> Is there a Continuous Integration (CI) infrastructure in place for
> testing the Debian Installer (d-i)?
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_integration
>
> It would be nice testing automatically the different installation
> paths (CLI vs. GUI, various setups of ZFS) for the daily images of the
> d-i, especially for architectures without lots of users (e.g.
> kfreebsd-*).

There's probably nothing like this for GNU/kFreeBSD at the moment (that
I know of).

I actually had the idea to see if something like `qemu -curses` could
be driven from 'expect' scripts, to navigate the menus, following some
script and see that it at least completes the installer successfully,
from each day's daily d-i image.  This would catch most of the
regressions we've seen so far.  And writing extra scripts to try
specific configurations/features would be much easier after that.

Pre-seeding should be another way to do the same, but it is still
beneficial to be testing via the text/GUI menus as well if possible.

So, yes I think this would be a great idea!

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org