Re: cat'ing remastered iso's direct to usb?

Hi,

Ryan Braun wrote:
> And for reference, here is the command I used to build
> the image, as for all my googling I could not find an example of
> using xorriso to make an image (outside of .disk/mkisofs that wasn't
> working for me :) )

The image production command in .disk/mkisofs consists of a run of xorriso
which immediately enters the mkisofs compatible interpreter xorrisofs:
  /home/93sam/xorriso -as mkisofs
The options supported by this interpreter are documented in
  http://www.gnu.org/software/xorriso/man_1_xorrisofs.html
resp.
  man xorriso-1.2.0/xorriso/xorrisofs.1
Especially have a look at the example
  Create bootable images for PC-BIOS

The following options from .disk/mkisofs are prescribed by the ISOLINUX
documentation for creating a bootable CD/DVD/BD image.
See http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/ISOLINUX
  -o
  -b
  -c
  -no-emul-boot
  -boot-load-size
  -boot-info-table

Two non-mkisofs options provide bootability from USB stick or hard disk
(they substitute for ISOLINUX program "isohybrid"):
  -isohybrid-mbr
  -partition_offset

Futher there are debian-specific options for Jigdo production (which you
won't need):
  -checksum_algorithm_iso
  -jigdo-jigdo
  -jigdo-template
  -jigdo-map
  -jigdo-exclude
  -md5-list
  -jigdo-min-file-size
  -jigdo-exclude

A debian-specific volume id text (you might want to choose an own name
for your overall image):
  -V 'Debian 6.0.2.1 i386 1'

Improving the file name representation on MS-Windows
  -J
  -joliet-long

This one is unnecessary (because default with mkisofs and flatly ignored
by xorrisofs):
  -cache-inodes

These depict two directorys on the system which runs the image production.
They shall get merged into the root directory of the image.
  boot1
  CD1

So you should review two of your options:

> -checksum_algorithm_iso md5,sha1

This belongs to the Jigdo production options which you removed.
So it has no effect any more.

>  -V 'Debian 6.0.4 i386 1'

This you might want to change to an image name of your own.
Volume Id is often used as the name of an automatic mount point
when you insert the optical medium into a running system.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas