Re: cdebconf 0.159

On Sun, 2012-03-18 at 14:56 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Regis Boudin wrote:
> > That's a bit odd, the initial setup and conversion is done in the
> > config
> > script, and I would have expected debconf to have already run it
> > before.
> > Unless I got it wrong with my almost empty postinst.
>
> FWIW, I saw the same thing; debconf was using dialog and cdebconf
> defaults to text.

Arg, found it ! I've been had over by debconf making a backup copies of
the database files and writing completely new ones instead. So the
discussed solution to have the debconf database files symlinked to the
cdebconf ones doesn't work because as soon as debconf is run, the
symlinks are replaced by actual files, and we end up with 2 different
databases.

Will have to think about it.