Re: preseed doesn't overwrite existing lvm partitioning

On 03/23/2012 07:51 PM, Ryan Braun [ADS] wrote:

I could have sworn I had tested this previously, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I have a preseed configured and it will install on virgin hardware without problem. But if I run the same install procedure for a second time on the same machine, I keep getting no root partition errors from the partitioner.

Noticed that as well.
Currently use the following ugly workaround to get the first disk (on some systems it is not /dev/sda) and remove LVM stuff:

d-i partman/early_command string debconf-set partman-auto/disk "$(list-devices disk | head -n1)" ; pvremove -y -ff `list-devices disk | head -n1`* || true

(To get it more foolproof, you might also need to check other disks in the system for the presense of lvm volume group names that might conflict with what the installer wants to use)

--
Yours sincerely,

Floris Bos