Re: anna for wheezy

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 03:45:09PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>
> [context: https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2012/12/msg00814.html]
>
> there are a bunch of changes in anna that I'm not very comfy pushing
> to wheezy, namely build flag changes (and seeing commits stating
> “Restore some dropped compiler options.” isn't reassuring), and
> asprintf-related changes.
>
> From what I can see, the following commit might be welcome for wheezy:
>   Fix undefined behaviour in get_lowmem_level if /var/lib/lowmem is present but empty.
>
> but I guess an upload to t-p-u for that one would only make sense if
> that's somebody can hit for real.

None of this is needed for wheezy as far as I know, and I only ever
intended it as ongoing code cleanup on master.  The undefined-behaviour
change was exposed by buildflags changes rather than being something I
expect to encounter in practice.

That said, if it winds up being convenient to include for some reason,
I'm confident that it's safe (yes, I made an initial mistake with
setting up buildflags, as you noticed, but I fixed it fairly quickly and
I compared build logs to make sure).