Setting up the clock progress bar jumpy

I see somewhat strange behavior on the display when the installer gets
to the part about setting up the clock and contacting the ntp server.
The progress bar says 0%, then 3%, then 0%, then 3%, then 0%, then 3%,
back and forth several times for the space of many seconds before it
eventually proceeds onward.  This is obviously very minor.  But it
caught my eye and just appeared very strange.

This is using "Installer build: 20121224-00:11" as a PXE booted
netinst.  I updated the bits today.

Bob