locale chooser missing some language select on some machines

dear all:
When I install debian squeeze 6.0.3 amd64 on some machines, at locale-chooser interface
 only display English language to select, and other language select option is missing.
After I debug with installer found TERM_TYPE was setted by serial, this TERM_TYPE is assigned by
detect-console script, this script detect /dev/console then set TERM_TYPE to serial.
I have some puzzle:
1.Why some machines didn't generate /dev/tty* device?
2.Who and when generate /dev/tty* and /dev/console deivce?
3.Is there any problem if I move /dev/console to /dev/tty* switch?
some machines finger:
1.Some desktop computer with newer mother board like Gigabyte F2A75M-D3H.
2.Server: lenovo-R680G7

--
Best Regards,
Qin Bo