Re: cannot install wheezy via network

Hello,

david manyé <dmanye@gmail.com> (06/11/2012):
> i can't (net)install i386 wheezy on virtualbox. i get something in
> catalan that can be translated to "no kernel module found" error
> because of a possible kernel mismatch. some days ago it worked fine.
>
> if i execute the command "file" on
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/wheezy/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/debian-installer/i386/linux
> i get:
>
> linux: Linux kernel x86 boot executable bzImage, version 3.2.0-3-486
> (unknown@Debian) #1, RO-rootFS, swap_dev 0x2, Normal VGA
>
> while in packages.d.o there is no linux-image-3.2.0-3-486 but
> linux-image-3.2.0-4-486.
>
> can be this the cause of the mismatching?

you want to use netinst images, linked from [1], instead of netboot
images. Names are confusing, we know. :(

 1. http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

(A new d-i uploaded happened earlier today, which should make this
problem disappear. Still, netinst images are a good idea when you
don't want to know all the details.)

Mraw,
KiBi.